Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's a Marriage Not a Wedding

So I have not posted in a while, but this is something that has been on my mind NON-STOP for ohhhh the past year-ish. So hold on tight.

When people say that a wedding day is all about the bride and groom. They LIE. The wedding has so little to do with the bride and groom. The HONEYMOON is for the bride and groom and most importantly the MARRIAGE is for the bride and groom, but the wedding is for everyone else.

I think this crossed my mind when I started drowning in wedding plans. 
The ever famous question, "Well, what does the bride want?"
Well frankly, when it comes to most of this planning this bride just doesn't care!

This bride wants everyone else to be happy!
(though that goal is impossible at best)

I have ideas for the wedding and somewhat of a vision. 
That being said, if it rained cats and dogs, the flowers were wilted and the cake said happy 50th Bambi, I would probably still be more than happy. Confused...but happy.

Trying to accommodate everyone else for this big event is HARD. 
Weather people don't like the date, or the whether or the time or the this or the that...
It's just hard.

I think think what makes it the hardest is that I just don't care as much as everyone else seems to.
The date is so the most important people in my life would be able to attend. 
December was because I don't like to sweat
The fact is you have to make the decisions     

The most important decision I made though, was my groom.

I look forward to the wedding, but much more so the Marriage I get to have with one of the most incredible people to ever grace my life with their presence. 

I get to wake up to a person that calls me beautiful when I have crazy hair and eye crust (sexy...I know)
I get to hold hands with the person that relaxes me through my tough days. 
I get to kiss the lips that tell me they love me and mean it
I get to dance with the person that makes me feel like nothing else in the room matters
I get to hug the arms that collect my tears when I am sad
I get to cuddle with the person that makes me feel safest.
I get to (one day) raise children with my best friend
I get to support the person that supports me
I get to learn with the person that challenges me
I get to love the person that loves me

And the best part is...
I get to do that everyday for the rest of my life. 
Even if the wedding day is a big flop.
Even if my dress is a couple sizes bigger than I'd like
or if my cake isn't perfect
or the party is small and simple (like I prefer anywho)

I get the ongoing experience of a lifetime.
No party is better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment